1. In compliance with the NEOASA “Constitution, Bylaws, and Rules and Regulations” (CBR&R), the following will be strictly adhered to by the CO-ED division:
a. No Pets allowed at Torchia-Oliver SoccerPlex. Anyone bringing a pet may be asked to the leave the complex.
b. No Glass Containers allowed at Torchia-Oliver SoccerPlex. Anyone disobeying this may be asked to leave the complex.
c. Use of Foul and Abusive language will not be permitted. Referees are to enforce this ruling. The referee may eject players, coaches, send off bystanders associated with a team, and even terminate games. A Fine may also be levied against the team.
d. All players must be registered legally and must not be in violation of the dual registration rule.
e. OFFICIAL GAME LINE-UP FORMS MUST BE GIVEN TO THE REFEREE BEFORE THE START OF THE GAME FROM EACH TEAM-NO EXCEPTIONS. Handwritten names on game forms are not permitted. Neither unregistered players nor players’ names handwritten in on the forms will be allowed to play. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS BASIC REQUIREMENT WILL RESULT IN GAME FORFEITURE AND LOSS OF BOND.
2. Team Size
NEOASA limits the number of players listed on their official roster to 25 players. But, only 18 are eligible to suit up and play in any one game.
3. Dual Registration Limitation
Players are allowed to play on one (1) Co-Ed team only. Playing on multiple teams will be subject to suspension and/or dismissal
Each player participating in NEOASA competition must wear a complete team uniform consisting of a matching team jersey (not shirts of a similar hue or shade) with unique numbers that stay affixed during the entire game, suitable short pants, suitable socks, shin guards, and soccer-style shoes which are lawful under Law IV of FIFA Laws of the Game.
Each jersey must be clearly numbered on the back with a contrasting number at least six (6) inches high. When two (2) member teams have identical colors, the visiting team shall be responsible for changing to a matching team jersey of an alternate color,
which shall be numbered and otherwise suitable under this article.
Players on the Field
Teams must have a minimum of six (6) field players plus one Goalie to start a game. Teams must play with a minimum of 3 female field players at all times. A Goalie may be either male or female, but does not count for/against the field player rule. If only 3 female field players are present at the start of the game (the scheduled game time), the team may only have six field players (3 female/3 male)
start plus one goalie. If legally registered female players show up later in the match, they may enter the field with the referee’s permission along with an additional male. There may be more females than males on the field. To be clear, not counting the goalie, the number of male players on the field must always be equal or less than the number of females on the field. If less than 3 female players from one team are not present at the start of the game, the referee must declare a forfeit for that team. The game may not be delayed to allow for players to show up.
There will be no sliding. A slide tackle will be an automatic caution. Goalies may slide in their box, but must exercise good judgment when slide-tackling a female.
Goals scored are worth 1 point regardless of being scored by a male or female. When one team is ahead by 8 points, only females from that team may score. If the point gap is 7 points or less, males from the higher scoring team may resume scoring until the 8 point gap is reached.
8. All other standard game rules utilized by NEOASA and FIFA will be applied.
9. Please refer to the NEOASA Bylaws for any additional questions.
Includes all league play (Summer/Fall/Spring)
1. Players must be registered and listed on the roster in order to play. There will be no “write-ins” of player names. No exceptions. Teams that play unregistered players are subject to game forfeiture, suspension, and/or expulsion from the league.
2. Teams will play seven players per side. 6 players on the field PLUS goalkeeper. A minimum of 5 players is required to avoid a forfeit. COED teams must play with minimum 3 female field players at all times. COED Goalie may be either sex.
3. There will be no more than 15 players per team roster.
4. Games will be played on half-sized field, with goals and layout typical of the size of a U10 youth field.
5. Games will be 30 minute halves.
6. Shin guards are mandatory.
7. The offside rule will not be enforced.
8. Substitution will be unlimited at any stoppage of play – with referee approval.
9. There will be NO sliding. A slide tackle will be an automatic caution.
10. Cautions and ejections will be handled by NEOASA’s appeals and disciplinary committee (ADC).
11. Each team’s jersey MUST be similar in color. The visitors will change in the event of a conflict.
12. All kicks will be direct from offensive end and indirect from defensive end. A goal may be scored from the kickoff.
13. Defending players must be at least 5 yards from the ball when it is kicked.
14. The ball will be placed in play from the touchline by a “kick in” at the point that it left the field.
15. Men will get 1 point per goal and women get 2 points per goal (COED only).
16. No goals will be scored directly from the defensive side of the field.
17. Foul and abusive language will not be tolerated and are grounds for a Red Card.
18. NO PETS ALLOWED and NO GLASS CONTAINERS (Park Regulations). Violators subject to game forfeiture, suspension, and/or expulsion from the league.